Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] mgkelson@yahoo.com is offline

Default Generator Recommendations and Advise

Frank wrote:

Glad I got interested in this thread because it sent me out to crank
mine up to test it.
http://www.dol.net/~frank.logullo/generate.jpg
Took about 10 tries. It had probably been about 4 months since used in
an outage in the summer and that is too long to let sit. . . .

Frank

I recently bought a Honda EU2000i. After testing it, I put in some gas
mixed with STA-BIL and then let it operate until it ran out of gas.
About a month later, I added a little bit of mixed gas and tried to
start it. It took at least 10 tries to start it, maybe more, and I was
almost ready to give up.

I suppose the moral of the story is that generators that have been ran
out of gas can be hard to start and one shouldn't give up trying to
soon.