Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] kellyj00@gmail.com is offline

Default Placement of deadbolt on door with glass panes

Alarm system sounds like a good candidate... but not sure how that
pertains to your situation. I've got the same deal...but if you think
about it, no home is completely secure.... even if you put a
double-keyed deadbolt on the glass door, think about how hard it would
be to break the door down completely, or break another window or bust
your garage door opener chain by using a wedge to lift the door from
the outside, then spending the next few hours going to town on your
electronics and jewelry while you're on vacation. (happened to a friend
of a friend, so it's probably not true, but is possible)

My security system is model # 1911-A1 caliber .45 ACP by Springfield
Armory. These retail for about $500 and installation is a few clicks.
;-) If you've got kids (or are a convicted felon and can't buy a
gun), you may want to get a housebroken yappy loud guard dog (good
addition to the family anyhow) and an axe ($15) or 6-D cell maglite
($30) instead.