Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

Default does anyone make...

a fluorescent spiral "bulb" that draws less than 13W? At least at the
"big box" stores around me they only have the 13W (60W equivalent) and
100W equivalent fluorescent; they are too bright for the fixtures in
the bedrooms at my house. The problem is that the fixtures are cheezy
and are only rated for 40W bulbs; I'm hesitant to even use those since
the house wiring is cloth covered and therefore not 90C rated like
modern wire (what the fixture mfgrs. likely planned on) so I'd like to
use as little wattage as possible. Two 15W incandescents are OK with
me but according to the girlie are too dim. Eventual solution unless I
can find smaller bulbs will probably be leaving one 13W fluorescent in
each fixture, will look a little odd but what can you do.

I do plan on replacing the fixtures with better ones, but probably not
until spring. Reason for this is I would like to replace the ceiling
boxes with fan rated ones and prewire for fans at the same time, which
would involve being up in the attic.

nate