Mark Rand

Default First of all, finally, my turn.....GLOAT !!!!!

On 6 Feb 2004 11:50:25 -0800, (benwoodward.com)
wrote:

I got an Etalon micrometer precision level off of ebay for 113.
I had to figure out how to recalibrate it...the know is a morse type
taper..baby taper that is. Not intuitive for me.
Had to cut, heat and reform extension spring. Got calibration knob
within 1 out of 100 divisions(good as I can get it)
It resolves .000024"/ft., it really does. I put a LOT of work into it.
The cross pin the spring hooks onto was missing and the wood case was
smahed by usps(NEVER have important stuff sent usps), but i gorilla
glued it together. The level is MINT. 25 hundred in enco and msc. Me
happy, me sell Storeitt master precision level. Its like holbing a
baby...she's shweet.

Ch**st almighty! Fart and the change in floor loading would make it move. Good
Gloat G

Mark Rand
RTFM