Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Alexander Jim Alexander is offline

Default Replacement CH boiler

"CraigB" wrote in message
ups.com...
My new house comes complete with a Baxi Barcelona CH boiler which
repeatedly locks out. following speaking to a plumber friend of mine
and reading up on numerous horror stories on the web, it seems that I
may be wise to replace the whole thing.

Well I'd be making efforts to investigate the reason for the lockouts. If
you really want a new boiler which may or may not have its own set of
problems fine, but the heating season may not be the best time to change.
You'll regret losing mains pressure stored hot water if that is what your, I
assume plumber is suggesting. Perhaps he is suggesting retaining the
Megaflo and just connecting a single DHW outlet, best the closest to the
boiler. That could be a good arrangement.

The purchase price would be a good price but is your friend installing FOC?
Do you have a modern control system?

Too many variables to make much sense of your question. The suggested
boiler would eat the heat demand more economically but that's the simple
part.

Jim A