Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom The Great Tom The Great is offline

Default Sealing windows for winter? ? ?

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 17:12:55 GMT, "Bettina"
wrote:

We live in an old building, and cold air pours in through the sash
windows -- especially that place where the top and bottom come together.

I've been told there's a special foam-like caulking compound that peels off
when you raise the windows in the warm season.

Can anyone tell me the name of this product and where I can get it?

IMHO:

I lived in an old place now and then. They have:

1. Temp storm window kits, plastic you put over the window for the
winter. Not a fan of this.

2. "Removable Caulk", they sell it at Lowes and Home Depot. You can
caulk up seams, cracks, even aroudn the whole window and remove it
later. Ask, and follow directions.

later,

tom @ www.BlankHelp.com