Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default I have seen the light!

In article . com, "N8N" wrote:

D'ya think writing to Home Despot and telling them that I'm actually
willing to go that far out of my way to go to a useful store might
result in a meaningful change in their stores' inventories? I kinda
doubt it...

It might.

I remember reading a few years ago that Wal-Mart's market research showed that
about *half* of Wal-Mart shoppers drove past a K-Mart to get there, or had a
K-Mart store closer to home.

When I worked for Stokely-Van Camp (the pork-and-beans people) back in the
day, we took letters from customers very seriously. Especially complaint
letters. Our marketing department said that every complaint letter represented
a hundred *more* dissatisfied customers who didn't take the trouble to write,
but simply started buying Del Monte or Libby products instead of ours.

--
Regards,