Posted to rec.woodworking
tom tom is offline

Default Planer alignment driving me insane

On a jointer, it might be best to shim the outfeed table into alignment
with the infeed, as the outfeed gets moved much less often. Tom
Allen Roy wrote:
I have been working on a custom cutting board for SWMBO for the last 2
weeks (roughly 2 hours per week) and have found after planing some small
parts that my Delta JT160 is out of alignment. I thought no big deal,
grabbed my square and set it against the fence. The outfeed table is right
on. However the infeed table is perplexing. It was out about .010 at the top
on the left and .015 on the right side. I made some shims for it and the
left side was then right on. Now the right side is over corrected by
.009.When I bring the fence back over the tables, there is more of a gap on
the left side of the infeed than on the right. As you keep sliding the fence
toward the front of the machine, the gap evens up.

Could this be a possible twisted table? I have tried everything that I can
think of.

Thanks,
Allen

Thanks to all that responded to opinions on table saws. I purchased the
Dewalt ( yes new as this is my first *new* power tool over $500 ). And it
gave me a love kiss tonight as well.