Posted to rec.woodworking
DonkeyHody DonkeyHody is offline

Default Planer alignment driving me insane

Leon wrote:
Out of alignment? What are the results that you ate getting. You may be
worrying about and adjusting the wrong thing. Other than snipe I cannot
think of how an in feed or out feed table would introduce a problem.
I have a Stationary Delta planer and both In feed and out feed roller tables
tilt up towards the planer as they near the planer. I have no alignment
problems. Many planers including large ones have no in feed or out feed at
all so they are not essential to getting good results but only an aid in
holding one end of the board as it enters and exits the planer.
What are you calling a fence that you set your square against?

"What we've got here is a failure to communicate."
I think he has a JOINTER-planer he's trying to align.
Allen, you need to get the infeed and outfeed tables parallel to each
other in both left-to-right and front-to-back planes. Then align the
fence at 90 degrees to both. Don't worry about the gap between the
fence and table. It's inconsequential if the angle between fence and
table is right.

DonkeyHody
"A bulldog can whip a skunk, but it's probably not worth his trouble."