Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Liquorice Dave Liquorice is offline

Default Which powered wheel tile cutter?

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 00:25:23 +0000, John Rumm wrote:

Well the tile saws don't leave the same sharp edge you get with the
score and snap cutters.

My cheap plasplugs cutter leaves a pretty sharp edge, equally as sharp
the odd scratch and snap I make.

but for things like 15mm thick travertine marble, mitres can work well.

Ah, I wasn't classing self coloured materials, like stone or marble, as
tiles. In my book tiles are man made things and mostly not self coloured.

I can see that proper mitre could work there and with a small radius on
the extreme edge you can reduce the risk of chipping.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail