Posted to alt.home.repair
krw krw is offline

Default Outlets -- which way?

In article . com,
says...

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Steve Barker LT" wrote in message
WHAT industry? Hospitals? Not homes though.

--
Steve Barker

Take a look. Many new homes are being done that way.

More fuel on the fire! While not confirming the above, Friday I visited
a brand new Mazda dealership building about 90% complete, and
throughout the entire service, parts and public area were duplex
outlets with...are you ready for this?...the grounds at the top. It
would appear that in our Central Illinois area at least, our tradesmen
are following the grounds-up practice in commercial buildings.

Every building I worked in at my PPoE (dozens over 30+ years) was
ground-up. I was told that it was because of the metal studs,
covers, and partitions. Any falling object would contact the
ground pin first.

I think
I'll do a little investigation of our newest McMansions under
construction and see what the hoi polloi prefer.

I'v never seen it in residential construction, since metal is kinda
rare. There may be a lesson here...

--
Keith