Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default VCR died suddenly

wrote:

The VCR (Orion VR0211) was working fine one day, then wouldn't turn on
the next day - not with the remote, not with the switch on the box
itself.

There is a glass fuse inside which is intact. I also tested it with an
ohm meter. What else would be a likely cause of this problem? Thanks.

Something went pop in the power supply I expect.

Orions soldier on quite well actually. The one I bought in 1988 ( branded Matsui
) still works OK albeit with a noisy motor now.

A competent tech can probably fix it fairly easily.

Graham