Posted to alt.home.repair
Kram Kram is offline

Default Sealing windows for winter? ? ?

Dap Seal 'N Peel

Season Seal Removable Weather Strip

Zip-A-Way Removable Weather Strip

We live in an old building, and cold air pours in through the sash
windows -- especially that place where the top and bottom come
together.

I've been told there's a special foam-like caulking compound that
peels off when you raise the windows in the warm season.

Can anyone tell me the name of this product and where I can get it?

Dunno, but I will say that my experience with 3M window film has been
extremely positive in the last old place I lived that had lousy
windows. If the aesthetics aren't a killer for you, the 3M window
film kits are extremely effective in decreasing draftiness. And do
buy 3M--they're worth it over the no name kits whose tape never seems
to hold up like 3M's.