Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Gas Water Heater

Interesting aside: I recently put out a water heater for "heavy trash"
pickup, but the urban faries beat the city to it. I guess they'll take it to
a scrap metal salvage yard.

Which is okay by me, re-use or reclaiming is better than dumping.

I, too, make the rounds of the neighborhood the night before heavy-trash
pickup. My prize score is a military 5-gallon jerry can. Excellent
condition. What's nifty about it is the legend on the bottom:

"3A - Sep 1944"

Which I take to mean, 3rd Army, September 1944.

I have a friend with a OLD original cast iron hot water heater in her
basement. It MUST be a collectible its ornate and decorated but no
longer in service