Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub HeyBub is offline

Default Lightbulbs stuck in ceiling fan

Evo wrote:
Jethro wrote:

All my fans have same problem. When I go to change out a burned-out
bulb, it is stuck because the threads are stuck. I guess the heat
corrodes the metallic threads either in the bulb, socket or both?

I have tried WD40 some, and it helps some, but anyone have another
idea?

Thanks
Jethro

make sure the bulbs have cooled and use a towel and try to twist them
out if they break which will happen make sure the power is off and
use a potato or needle nose pliers. Works for me.
The problem with most fans these days, they're built in CHINA with
cheap materials

It's not the FAN - it's the bulbs. Aluminum bases instead of brass.