Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub HeyBub is offline

Default Gas Water Heater

wrote:
no it shouldnt do that. try rotating the control all around both ways
stopping at a setting slightly higher than currently/

i had a old heater that did that occasionally must of been a bad
thermostat. withing 6 months it was at the curb after springing a leak

Interesting aside: I recently put out a water heater for "heavy trash"
pickup, but the urban faries beat the city to it. I guess they'll take it to
a scrap metal salvage yard.

Which is okay by me, re-use or reclaiming is better than dumping.

I, too, make the rounds of the neighborhood the night before heavy-trash
pickup. My prize score is a military 5-gallon jerry can. Excellent
condition. What's nifty about it is the legend on the bottom:

"3A - Sep 1944"

Which I take to mean, 3rd Army, September 1944.

My can helped Patton liberate Bastonge.

=====
"What do you do when you catch a monkey hanging by its tail?" Answering his
own question, he replied "You cut off its balls, and that is what I am going
to do with von Rundstedt." - G.S. Patton