Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default electrical lighting mystery

Nothing to be confused about. You have a bad socket. Halogen lamps burn real
hot and burn out the contact metal in the socket

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have two hanging pendants over my kitchen island in my new home (50W
halogen bulbs). One went out a week or so ago...thought it burned out
so I got a new bulb. New bulb didn't work....so I thought it must be
the lighting fixture. Tried the bulb in the other light to make sure it
worked and did (so did the old bulb, not burned out...). But - when I
put a bulb in the not-working fixture when they power is on (I was
experimenting) the light works fine - both are on. I leave them on,
they are fine. If I turn them off and turn them back on, they both come
back on. BUT...when I turn them off and leave them for awhile (20mins+)
then the one doesn't come back on again!?! Do you think it is a bad
light fixture or something else electrical? Terribly confused....

Thanks

This is what the fixture looks like (not exact model) just in case:
http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...endant&x=0&y=0