Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sealing windows for winter? ? ?

"Bettina" wrote in message
news:reXeh.1127$A05.377@trndny08...
We live in an old building, and cold air pours in through the sash
windows -- especially that place where the top and bottom come together.

I've been told there's a special foam-like caulking compound that peels
off when you raise the windows in the warm season.

Can anyone tell me the name of this product and where I can get it?

I've never found the foam, but the paint-friendly clear tape they sell to
use with the bulk window plastic rolls works pretty good for cracks like
that. I did all the windows on the windward side of my place, and it made a
noticable differnce. Before, the plastic on the inside would blow up like a
balloon. If I don't splurge and buy new windows next year, I'm gonna blow a
couple hundred on sheets of plexi to make interior storms to go with the
exterior storms.

aem sends...