Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Which powered wheel tile cutter?

Stuart wrote:
On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 14:17:53 +0000, David WE Roberts wrote:

Hi,

trawled back through Goggle Groups a way but couldn't find this question
answered.

I gather that:

(1) Some people find the PlasPlugs plastic tile cutters a bit flexible.
(2) Steel tile cutters tend to rust.

So is it best to go for a more expensive PlasPlugs model, or are there
better alternatives?

Screwfix shows the Erbauer at £44.99 or the Rexon at £59.99.

Alternatively (if I can find anywhere with one in stock) B&Q do the
PlasPlugs Pro Tiler Plus for £39.99.

Anyone have experience of these models, and can give me some feedback?

TIA

Dave R

I got a metal one from Screwfix ages and it is showing slight signs of rust but
it wan't any of the 2 models mentioned.

Here is a tip .Get yourself a cat litter tray big enough to sit the tile cutter
in .Saves all the fluid going all over the floor or wherever you situate the
machine . Doesn't stop you getting sprayed unfortunately .lol

Stuart

My steel one is rusty, was dead cheap and is on its second diamond wheel
already.

It only let me down cutting 40mm, thick marble. Only 30mm depth of cut.
It did 25mm sandstone slab though.

Buy cheap. Unless you are doing tiling every day, its more than good enough.