Posted to alt.home.repair
Rick Brandt Rick Brandt is offline

Default Lightbulbs stuck in ceiling fan

"Eigenvector" wrote in message
What's the issue? I've been using them for as long as I could turn a bulb and
I've never had a problem.

Perhaps bulbs seizing up is more a factor of the gorilla like force used to
tighten them in their socket. You don't have to torque them to 120 ft-lbs to
get a good connection.

In my experience I would estimate that at least a fourth of the burned out bulbs
I replace break off leaving the base in the socket. I turn the bulb until it
bottoms and then I stop. Should I be stopping before it bottoms?

Disregarding any of that, how many other screw-in electrical devices are there?
Not many I would guess. It's just a stupid way to connect a lamp to its socket.