Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Outlets -- which way?

"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote in message
On 12/05/06 09:46 pm Joe wrote:

Is there a "right" way for wall outlets to face?

snip
and why?

The manufacturer's catalogs, like Pass & Seymour/LeGrand, have
illustrations uniformly showing duplex outlets with grounds at the top.

And I just noticed that some of the spare outlets I have -- possibly Pass
& Seymour/Legrand -- are marked so that the writing is the right way up
only when the ground pin is uppermost.

Perce

Yeah, but a lot of things you need to plug in will not work correctly when
upside down. Install outlets so they work, not so they satisfy some geek's
idea of what's normal.