Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default 12 volt impact wrench

Dean Hoffman wrote in
:

In article ,
"Stormin Mormon" wrote:

Anyone tried one of these lighter plug impact wrenches? I got to
change a tire a couple weeks ago, and really coulda used an impact.
But do they do any good, or are they all hype and no torque?

A couple farmers I know have them. 18 volt though, I think.
Both like them. One tightened up the lug nuts on a pivot tire (7/8"
nut). They were tight when he was done. I put my breaker bar on
them to check.

Dean

the 18V ones are cordless ones similar to a cordless drill/driver. The one
the OP is referring to runs off the cig lighter or has clamps to clip onto
the 12 car battery posts.

The 18V ones have more beats-per-minute,and more torque(IIRC,230Ft-lbs
compared to 150 for the 12v corded driver)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik