Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] kv888831393ster@gmail.com is offline

Default Lightbulbs stuck in ceiling fan

Yes I've used needle nosed pliers to do this succesfully. I've been
using this bulb lube for the last few years. Available at Lowes and
Menards. This is essentially the silicone grease idea as above. You can
also get a similar product at automotive stores.
Richard

DerbyDad03 wrote:
I must not be like most people g

Once the glass have broken out of the base, I have successfully used
needle nose pliers on numerous occasions to grab the metal base of the
bulb and bend the edge away from the socket enough to grip it with
pliers and spin it out.

However, I do agree with using some type of agent to eliminate the root
cause.