Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 12 volt impact wrench

I'm with you, carrying the breaker bar. I've heard tell that some
shops have contests. See if Joe can put the lugs on so tight that
Steve's wrench won't get em off. Of course, they end up replacing
studs, rotors, drums, etc.

The goal would be to get a rusted lug off after starting the motion
with a breaker bar.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"dpb" wrote in message
oups.com...

Specifically, don't know, but I would really doubt they have enough
impact/torque to do much good on an over-torqued lug nut (as is
usually
the case if a tire shop did it -- seems like they universally just set
their wrenches on "max". ).

I keep a long breakover in the car for the purpose -- I _know_ it will
work when needed...