Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Andy Cuffe Andy Cuffe is offline

Default Odd GE TV EEPROM problem.

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 10:48:56 -0500, "Leonard Caillouet"
wrote:

You can also just get a reader for about $30 or less and transfer the data
from the old EEPROM to the new one without having to do a hot swap. You can
even use a good EEPROM from another model if it is the same type. Fixed
lots of RCAs this way without having to inventory so many EEPROMS or
ordering them. I also keep a library of EEPROM data for various chassis and
models in case I get one where the data is corrupt.

Leonard

Where are you finding such a cheap EPROM programmer?

Also, how do you copy just the alignment data without also copying the
corrupted firmware to the new EEPROM?
Andy Cuffe