Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Geoffrey S. Mendelson Geoffrey S. Mendelson is offline

Default hear radio broadcast on the phone???interfere modem.

wrote:
I have problem with one of the phone jack on the wall, sometimes i hear
some kind of
radio broadcast on the phone. Even though it's very faint, it interfere
with the the
dial up modem, and cause the connection to stop.
I replace the old jack,but it doesn't solve it.

It's caused by the signal from the radio station leaking into your
telephones and possibly the lines.

Listen until you hear a station ID, then call the station and ask to
speak to the chief engineer about an interference problem. Be polite
and they will help you fix the problem.

Geoff.
--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson, Jerusalem, Israel
N3OWJ/4X1GM