Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Liquorice Dave Liquorice is offline

Default What IS U.K. Voltage ?

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 17:14:20 GMT, Tim Morley wrote:

Some supplies in UK get higher too (mine regularly gets to 258v!)

Well complain it is out of spec. Our supply would occasionally get that
high but would be running at the top end of 240 most of the time. We
where getting through tungsten light bulbs rather faster than one would
expect. Complained about voltage level, man from power company turned up
within 2 hrs (they were near by) measured the voltage agreed it was high
and the tap on "our" pole transformer was changed within a week. Light
bulbs now last as one would expect and the UPS doesn't sit in "voltage
reduction mode"...

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail