Posted to sci.engr.lighting,uk.d-i-y
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Y adaptor for 2 bulbs in celing pendant lampholder?

Owain wrote:

wrote:
David Hansen wrote:
They are amusing if one wants to horrify a "safety" person.

To do that you need the full set, 2-way bulb adaptor & BC plug.

You really need a boiling ring plugged in - one of those made from a
spiral of bare resistance wire in a ceramic former, that came with a
little rack for making toast with.

It was once possible to buy replacement coiled elements for
radiant fires. You simply removed the failed one, used a piece
of string to get the length and stretched the new one to suit.
My dad told me that in his college days (1930s) they heated a
room by suspending such an element from the mantelpiece.

Mind you, his mains electric soil sterilisation kit was a bit of
an eye opener - wooden box, metal plate at each end, fill with
soil, add water until ammeter reaches desired level, leave to
simmer. I can smell it now.

Chris

--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK