Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Laundry chute

Suz wrote:

Anyway, it will be on the first floor, and I want a laundry chute from the
girls room on the second floor. Due to layout, this will not drop
vertically but will have a slight bend in it. Any advice on what, if
anything, to line it with? There seems to be kit for this but looks like
very heavy industrial stuff.

Any other general laundry room/chute advice?

I think I would ensure the cupboard that the chute discharges into is
reasonably fire resistant (line the doors and inside with plasterboard
for example, stuff any gaps with iso/rockwool).

The chute lining could be something cheap and simple like hardboard, or
at the other extream stainless steel sheet. I quite like Colin's idea of
a plastic tubular secondary liner since it is easy to replace, and if
anything ever did snag all you need to do is give it a quick tug from
above.

--
Cheers,

John.