Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Which powered wheel tile cutter?

In article ,
David WE Roberts wrote:
Hi,

trawled back through Goggle Groups a way but couldn't find this question
answered.

I gather that:

(1) Some people find the PlasPlugs plastic tile cutters a bit flexible.
(2) Steel tile cutters tend to rust.

So is it best to go for a more expensive PlasPlugs model, or are there
better alternatives?

Screwfix shows the Erbauer at £44.99 or the Rexon at £59.99.

Alternatively (if I can find anywhere with one in stock) B&Q do the
PlasPlugs Pro Tiler Plus for £39.99.

Anyone have experience of these models, and can give me some feedback?

I've got the Plasplugs Contractor Plus and have been pretty satisfied with
it. You do need to keep a bucket of water handy to dip the guide ends into
fairly frequently to keep the clips working properly. Also to wash down
the bed - but I'd guess this applies to any such cutter. Blade life has
been good. It is an ideal size for clamping onto a Workmate too - great
for working outside, my preferred way when cutting tiles because of the
light.

--
*Why do they put Braille on the drive-through bank machines?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.