Posted to uk.d-i-y
Suz Suz is offline

Default Laundry chute

"Owain" wrote in message
Suz wrote:
Our renovation plans contain a new laundry room. Woohoo! Can't wait.
Anyway, it will be on the first floor, and I want a laundry chute from
the girls room on the second floor. Due to layout, this will not drop
vertically but will have a slight bend in it. Any advice on what, if
anything, to line it with? There seems to be kit for this but looks like
very heavy industrial stuff.

Depending on its size, you can get bottomless interlinking buckets that
are used to create chutes from the top of scaffolding down to skips.

Some sort of plastic laminate finish would probably be useful.

It's a shame you can't have a straight drop as then you could put a small
dumbwaiter lift in. Much more useful as you can then send the clean
laundry back up, as well as other things.

Nice idea, maybe it could be fitted in somewhere else.

Why can't they just throw their clothes over the bannisters like normal
kids?

The kids are normal, why wouldn't they be? It's my idea, as it's muggins
that has to pick them up. Why not reduce labour with a simple addition to
the plans?? Why has this idea got so much hostility? Work smarter, not
harder, that's my motto.

Owain