Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark S. Mark S. is offline

Default Which powered wheel tile cutter?

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 14:17:53 +0000, David WE Roberts
wrote:

Hi,

trawled back through Goggle Groups a way but couldn't find this question
answered.

I gather that:

(1) Some people find the PlasPlugs plastic tile cutters a bit flexible.
(2) Steel tile cutters tend to rust.

So is it best to go for a more expensive PlasPlugs model, or are there
better alternatives?

Screwfix shows the Erbauer at £44.99 or the Rexon at £59.99.

Alternatively (if I can find anywhere with one in stock) B&Q do the
PlasPlugs Pro Tiler Plus for £39.99.

Anyone have experience of these models, and can give me some feedback?

TIA

Dave R

I bought a cheap one from Screwfix a while ago and while the table is
a bit rusty and scratched it still works ok. It chucks more water on
the floor than on you these days but it still works fine. Had a
couple of new wheels in it but it does the job.

The tray underneath it is a very good idea as they are very messy. :-)

Mark S.