Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Laundry chute

Suz wrote:

Our renovation plans contain a new laundry room. Woohoo! Can't wait.

Anyway, it will be on the first floor, and I want a laundry chute from the
girls room on the second floor. Due to layout, this will not drop
vertically but will have a slight bend in it. Any advice on what, if
anything, to line it with? There seems to be kit for this but looks like
very heavy industrial stuff.

anything thats slippery and cleans easily... take your choice.
Melamine's one option.

Any other general laundry room/chute advice?

A chute takes up room and isnt movable, whereas a trapdoor in the floor
takes no space up, and you can put things under or over it any time if
you prefer.

if you've got 3 floors of house, you could have bedroom at the top,
bath on the middle floor, clothes laid out downstairs and food by the
door. Then in the am you just fill the bath, drop each girl down the
first chute directly into the bath, and from there down the 2nd
(towelling lined) chute to her clothes, then out the door There'd be
no problems with getting up in the morning.

NT