Posted to alt.home.repair
chevelless chevelless is offline

Default Snaking romex in exterior wall?

MAYBE you can use the existing wire as a pull wire.
Connect the new wire AND a pull wire, pull thtem down, disconnect the new
wire and pull the original back up.

wrote:

I'm doing some electrical work and need to snake a new romex from the
basement up to an existing wall switch box. It's an exterior wall
with fiberglass insulation. From the bottom plate in the basement, I
can see where the existing cables go up to that switch. I can drill a
new hole or maybe use the existing hole. Question is, are they any
tricks or suggestions on how to do the snaking? I've done it from the
attic down before, but never had to deal with an exterior wall with
insulation.