Posted to rec.audio.opinion,sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Sony TC-366 Mains selection.

"Laurence Payne" lpayne1NOSPAM@dslDOTpipexDOTcom wrote in message
On Sat, 09 Dec 2006 23:16:48 GMT, "Homer J Simpson"
wrote:

Can anyone advise me on the correct, North American, position for the
voltage selector on my Sony TC-366 tape recorder? The label that
should guide me is detached!

Two position? If so, try both. It won't run well on the 240 V setting. If
it
has lights, the brightest setting.

I once made an amplifier very unhappy by plugging it inadvertently to
a dimmer-controlled circuit on stage. Is it possible that, as it
couldn't have the volts, it tried to suck the amps instead? Anyway,
it got very hot and let smoke out.

Much more likely that it didn't like the chopped up "area under the curve"
waveform that the dimmer was giving it, I would have thought ...

Arfa