Posted to rec.woodworking
Robert Haar Robert Haar is offline

Default Home Depot - what a bunch of maroons

On 12/10/06 3:55 AM, "Henry St.Pierre" wrote:

I bought a Porter Cable belt sander at Home Depot last year and the stupid
damn store didn't have and Porter Cable belts. I had to buy the 3M belts
they carried. Really ****ed me off.Porter Cable sander -Poorter Cable
belts. 3M sander - 3M belts. Klingspoor sander - Klingspoor belts. That's
the way it should be.

You can't be serious. Would you extend this to drill bits, router bits, saw
blades and all other expendable materials and accessories?

Personally, I would much prefer having tools that use standard expendables.
That way, I can shop for the best deal in terms of quality and cost.