Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Liquorice Dave Liquorice is offline

Default BeThere Broadband

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 09:57:55 GMT, Paul Andrews wrote:

Lazy option is ditch analogue for digital. My wife is a teacher,
so teacher tv would be good, but on freeview it's only available on a
lunchtime.. :-(
I'm assuming that on NTL is the full thing.

Better still forget Freeview and go for Freesat. I see B&Q had a complete
kit of bits for Freesat (wok, LNB, cable, clips, digi box, "free" sat
finder) for £99.99 the other day. Loads more channels(*) both radio and
TV and higher bit rates on many services compared to Freeview.

Not sure how they get around the fact that Channel 4 and five are FTV
thus need a viewing card from Sky (£20 one off fee). All BBC and ITV
services are FTA, no viewing card required.

(*)Admitedly many you'll never watch unless you're very sad... B-)

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail