Posted to sci.engr.lighting,uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Y adaptor for 2 bulbs in celing pendant lampholder?

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 09:03:55 GMT someone who may be Alex
wrote this:-

I have got a lampsocket hanging from the ceiling in the middle of a room
like this: http://www.toolstation.com/messages.html?closeUp=27046

A single CFL is not bright enough so I want to hang two CFL lamps from
one lampsocket.

Given that compact fluorescent lamps up to the equivalent of a GLS
bulb of over 100W are available, for example
http://www.lightbulbs-direct.com/var...l.asp?var=3939 this
looks like poor lighting design.

The answer is to install two or more light fittings in suitable
locations. Best would be fittings with built in control gear, for
example to take 2D lamps like
http://www.lightbulbs-direct.com/var...l.asp?var=2996

Adding separate switching is probably a good idea.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh