Posted to uk.d-i-y
Paul Andrews Paul Andrews is offline

Default BeThere Broadband

"raden" wrote in message
In message , On Web
writes
"raden" wrote in message
In message om,
Tournifreak writes

snip

and got my cable TV subscription upgraded when I pointed out that they
weren't providing much more than I could get with a freeview box

Are you happy with NTL digital? Last time I asked on the NGs people

didn't
seem happy and recommended freeview.

Well, it's OK

... but when you look at what you can get on the basic package against
what you can get free once you have laid out a few quids for a freeview
box, the difference isn't that great

One of the complaints seemed to be that there was a delay in changing
channels, which was irritating. Currently we have the analogue service. I
tried a freeview box and
our existing ariel isn't up to the job. I bought another ariel and stuck
that in the loft - needs some more TLC to try and get all the channels - not
quite worked myself up to scrabling onto the roof yet to install it
properly. Lazy option is ditch analogue for digital. My wife is a teacher,
so teacher tv would be good, but on freeview it's only available on a
lunchtime.. :-(
I'm assuming that on NTL is the full thing.

Paul

--
geoff