Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
George H Hughes George H Hughes is offline

Default Tablesaw blade/trunnion adjustment question

Sounds like you are measuring from the cut i.e. the fence. If so that is
not the place to align the trunions. Do that measuring from the miter slot.
And this must be right on. Once that is aligned you can align the fence to
the same miter slot and if you got the first alignment right you could
measure to the blade. I would use the miter slot.

--
George Hughes
Warner Robins, GA

snipped

I have a Grizzly G0444Z TS. The back of my blade when I rip a board is
almost a quarter of an inch closer to the fence than the front of my blade
and causes gunk to build up on the right side of the saw blade, and causes
the board to bind up and I have to force it through. .I used ovenoff to
clean the blade. My sawblade is not bent. According to my saw manual it
says to loosen the trunnion bolts and move the assembly to the right or
left and retighten the bolts. I did this I cannot get the blade dead-on.
The assembly will not move any farther. It is off by a 1/16th of an inch.
Is this an acceptable tolerance or do any of you have any suggestions as to
how I can get it perfect? Thank you all for your suggestions.