Posted to rec.woodworking
Henry St.Pierre Henry St.Pierre is offline

Default Home Depot - what a bunch of maroons

Stinky wrote in
:

On 4 Dec 2006 20:24:00 -0800, wrote:

Maroon is a polite way of saying MORON.

Stinky

How about they are "morons" not the color maroon :-)
Argon wrote:
as Bugs would say. FWW had a review of spindle sanders in their Tools

&
Shops issue. The $200.00 RIDGID took Best Overall *and* Best Value.

It
just so happens that I'm interested in making some bandsaw boxes, and
I've had my eye on the RIDGID one for a long time, so I had to run

out
to Home Depot and buy one. :-)

So I ask the guy where the sanding spindles are, because I want to

get
some extras. He says, "We don't carry any spindles except we have

this
one pack" -- and he drags out an old shopworn plastic bag of sanding
spindles for the Ryobi, which they also sell. So I ask him if they

will
be getting some in, and he says, "No, we don't carry them at all."

I'm thinking why on earth would somebody sell a sander with a

lifetime
guarantee and not sell the sanding spindles for it?

None were to be found on the HD web site when I searched for "sanding
spindles" or "sanding sleeves." Klingspors has a wide variety, of
course.

Just another chapter in the story of the long, slow slide of HD into
irrelevance.

But is Argon that clever?