Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Flanagan Jim Flanagan is offline

Default Tektronix Scope - Slide Switch Problems - What type of safe lubricant

Hi...
The Tek scope that I recently acquired has a number of front panel
slide switches that do not operate very well. Most have a rough
action and are sometimes difficult to move back and forth. I tried
using Craig labs DeOxit, which seems to clean up any electrical problems
but I need some type of lubricant which would be safe, electrically.

I would prefer to just replace the switches, but I've searched high and
low. It seems that my only alternative is to recondition the originals.

Any advise would be appreciated.
Thanks -
jim