Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Musing about being nickel and dimed to frustration or worse.

Arch wrote:
One advantage of musing 'ex ignoramous' as opposed to pontificating 'ex
cathedra' is that I can be caught off base without being tagged out.
That being so, I'll muse about dime bombs and powdered metal bowl gouges
from a position of ignorance

SNIP

Enough of this morbid musing. Tis the season for joy. I hope some
industrial safety experts and the rest of you will respond and allay my
silly fears.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

I don't think I would worry about the metal, Arch. When I am at the
lathe and need a touch up on a tool, I always have on my face shield
(hit in the forehead by a Christmas ornament leaping to freedom off the
lathe made me abandon goggles) and my mask. The mask is N95 compliant,
so no metal dust particulates can go through it.

With the face shield (eyes and surrounding areas) and the dust mask
(resipiratory tract) I feel pretty safe while sharpening.

Robert