Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default Shaving Door by small amount

Jack,
I have been a commercial, AGC rated master carpenter for over 40
years. I have never, and I have never seen a door bottom cut with
a router. I have seen them cut by many other methods. A router
would be absolutely the last tool I would have gotten out to do
the job. Do you still need to score the veneer to prevent
splintering with a router bit? When I have cut borrowed lite and
grille holes with a router and template, I have always scored the
veneer on the cross grain cuts, what have you found?

___________________________
Keep the whole world singing. . . .
DanG

"Jack" wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
I have a bedroom wooden door that grabs the carpet just enough
that I want to shave
the bottom of the door by an eighth of an inch to prevent the
door from
grabbing.
Can someone tell me the best way to do it?

Thanks,

JD

Any good carpenter would use a router to cut it off, but my
advice is
for you to take door down carry it tio a cabinet shop and have
them do
the job. They will use a router. if they are woodworkers of
reliabilty
Jack