Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Just bought house and water heater problems

CJ wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...
I intended to replumb the whole house next summer, I guess it will be
moved
up to a spring project.

If I were you I wouldnt disturb ANYTHING till the complete replumbing.

Messing with stuff like a softener may cause a cascade failure of
leaks.

Think of your water system like a badly cracked dish. even touching it
may make it fall apart

I will wait then. I don't want to crack it even further. Thanks for the
help.

glad to be of help, if your going to be away awhile like on vacation
turn the main valve off so you dont returen home to a flood. although
most galavanized leaks are small the rust tends to clog themselves.