Posted to alt.home.repair
Michael Bierman Michael Bierman is offline

Default electric stove top questions

So we are considering replacing an approximately 40 year old Whirlpool
electric stovetop. All I know about the wiring is that it is 220, 2x30
circuit breakers. I don't know what type of wiring. The problem is
that most of the stoves I see today are 240/40 amp. I hate to think
that I have to have the breakers and wiring upgraded just to replace
the stovetop.

I did just find some GE stovetops that are listed as 220/30 AND 240/40
amp. I am wondering if this would work given the existing wiring and
breakers?

Michael