Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default blown output transistors

Mark D. Zacharias wrote:
wrote:

then youve still got as set of output trannies yu can use in a
project. Not often I'd say forget it, but with dc amps I wouldnt
bother.

Practically all the amps I work on are dc coupled. Not a problem in most
cases.
Virtually all your Kenwood, Pioneer,Sansui, etc going back to 1970 or so are
DC coupled.
Modern amps like Denon, Yamaha, Onkyo, etc are all pretty similar in
topology. Certain components tend to go out along with the outputs
(resistors and driver transistors for example) and symptoms such as
premature clipping, DC offset etc have predictable causes.
As to the OP, it does seem his piece is quite possibly a "piece" all right,
but I'm not at all sure I'd classify it as such a difficult repair simply
because it may be a "DC" amp. As I say, I fix such amps all the time. No
problem.

Mark Z.

which puts you in a very different position to the OP.

NT