Posted to rec.woodworking

Default A *good* manual hand drill?

I have seen that had drill before. I think that the gears are die cast.
One of the drill I have (Footprint Made in Sheffield England) the gears are
machined and It work much better.
It did not know it was worth that much money. I usually kept it on my
sailboat.

"Una" wrote in message ...
Thank you Nova, CW, and Larry Blanchard for your leads to good
brands. It is tricky to buy on Ebay unless you know what you're
looking at. I am glad to have so many choices, used and new!

DH's favorite color is blue, and this Footprint Tools hand drill
is blue: http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=8512
Any good/bad information re the online vendor and/or the brand?

Una