Posted to uk.d-i-y
Autolycus Autolycus is offline

Default Tower

"Adrian C" wrote in message
keith_765 wrote:

I have a tower I no longer need

15' high gives working height of 18'

must be a dwarf

3', yup?

I think that the degree of casuistry in adverts for scaffold towers is
inversely proportional to their price: thus a very cheap tower will have
only one height quoted - the maximum a very tall person standing on
tiptoes might just be able to touch, a mid-price tower will quote two
heights - the handrail height together with a moderately sensible
reaching height, and an expensive tower will tell you how high the
platform is. I'd guess keith_765's tower might fall in the middle
category. Cheap towers tend also to be priced analogously to a ladder
that requires its rungs to be bought separately.

--
Kevin Poole
**Use current month and year to reply (e.g.