Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Kettles with concealed elements - are they all so noisy?

Andrew McKay wrote:
Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

I bought a reasonable Russell Hobbs from John Lewis 30 years ago; it's
still going strong...

I remember buying one of those too, around that time. It was for our
small office which didn't have a coffee machine (so the kettle got a
fair amount of use). Worked flawlessly in all the years we were there.

We now use cheapo electric kettles which we can buy in the local Tesco's
for a fiver. They tend to fail fairly often (maybe once a year or so),
but for that price who cares?

Andrew

So youre paying £50 per decade instead of a fraction of that for
something decent. Plus the inconvenience of extra trips.

NT